This Malawi woman uses the tributary of the Rukuru River (behind her) for her family’s drinking water, cleaning and fishing.The Australian uranium mining company, Paladin Resources, mines uranium from an open-pit mine whose tailings (waste) dam sits just above this tributary and could potentially, as has happened in many accidents globally, burst and flood the river with radioactive waste. The Rukuru River runs into the 500km long Lake Malawai and is relied upon by tens of thousands of the Malawi population.
- Sea Shepherd Operation Zero Tolerance Antarctic Campaign 2012/13
- Sea Shepherd Waltzing Matilda Antarctic Campaign 2009/2010
- Occupy Sydney
- Australian Aboriginal
- ‘March’ Rallies Against Abbott Government Policies
- Save Women’s Refuges
- Arts Funding Cuts Demonstration Sydney Opera House
- The Effects of Mining on Indigenous Communities and the Environment
- TAXI! Sunset To Sunrise.
- BLOG/LATEST NEWS
Leave a Reply